Visitor Rules & Regulations
Visitor Rules & Regulations
Visitor Rules & Regulations
All buildings and structures on the State Guest House Akasaka Palace premises are National Treasures. A person who vandalizes the premises will be prosecuted by the domestic law of Japan.
Rules Regarding Admission
- （１）It is prohibited to bring goods that may cause inconvenience to other visitors on the premises, including dangerous items (explosives, guns and swords, fuel, toxic substances), alcoholic beverages, professional cameras, or photographic equipment such as monopods, tripods and stepladders.
- （２）It is prohibited to entering the premises in a condition in which normal behavior cannot be performed, due to excessive drinking, etc.
- （３）It is prohibited to entering the premises with the following clothes on
- ① Clothes contrary to public order and morality
- ② Clothes revealing bare skin extremely
- ③ Clothes that may severely damage the dignity / atmosphere of the State Guest House or may cause discomfort to other visitors
- ④ Wedding dresses, white wedding kimono, and colorful wedding kimono
- ⑤ Uniform of security guards or its copies
- ⑥ Mascot costume
- （４）It is prohibited to entering the premises accompanied by animals (excluding service dogs for physically handicapped persons as prescribed in Article 2 of the Act on Assistance Dogs for the Physically Handicapped (Act No. 49 of 2002)).
Rules Regarding Visitor Behavior
- （１）Visitors may not take modeling photographs, bridal photographs, or other special photographs without obtaining permission to use the state-owned property or other necessary permission on the premises of the State Guest House, regardless of whether it is for profit or non-profit purposes.
- （２）Visitors may not commit the acts that damage and contaminate, or are likely to damage and contaminate the facility, decorations, furnishings, plants or other items on the premises.
- （３）Visitors may not eat meals (including candy, gum, etc.) on the premises, excepting food and drink provided by the State Guest House or provided by business operators who received permission from the State Guest House, in a designated area.
- （４）Visitors may not take beverages inside the building (meaning inside the Main Building and Japanese Style Annex. The same applies when “the building” is mentioned hereafter), excluding cases in which a visitor is taking medicine, etc. under the presence of a person in charge at the State Guest House or a person commissioned by the State Guest House.
- （５）Visitors may not take notes using something other than a pencil inside the building.
- （６）Visitors may not sketch on the premises.
- （７）Visitors may not smoke or use a lighter or other fire on the premises.
- （８）Visitors may not enter areas closed-off to the public without following the instructions of staff or guards. Visitors may not commit acts that may be dangerous or cause discomfort to other visitors on the premises.
- （９）Visitors may not use photographic equipment, such as selfie sticks and other self-portrait photographic equipment on the premises.
- （１０）Visitors may not use musical instruments, audio equipment, etc. to emit music and sound on the premises without the permission of the State Guest House.
- （１１）Visitors may not distribute leaflets, or hold rallies or demonstrations on the premises without the permission of the State Guest House.
- （１２）Visitors may not sell goods, offer guide or photography services for profit, offer rental or distribution of goods, or perform other business or entertainment activities or similar such acts on the premises, excepting business operators who have received the permission of the State Guest House.
- （１３）Visitors may not carry umbrellas, large bags, or other items in the building when they are in a condition that may damage or soil the walls, decorations, or furnishings (Excepting walking aids such as canes).
- （１４）Visitors may not touch the furnishings, decorations, or walls in the building.
- （１５）Visitors may not carry cameras, smartphones, etc. in the building, unless they are placed inside pockets or bags.
- （１６）Visitors may not use mobile phones, smart phones, or other communication equipment in the building (except in the case of disabled people using applications necessary to support their visits in the presence of State Guest House staff, when such usage is permitted by the State Guest House).
- （１７）In addition to the above, visitors may not commit acts that are deemed to disturb public opening operations or the management and maintenance of the State Guest House.
Measures to be taken in the event of the discovery of the prohibited acts above
Visitors who do not follow the instructions of the attendants following admission to the State Guest House, or those who perform prohibited acts will be escorted out immediately. The entrance fee will not be refunded.
- ・For security reasons, metal detection and physical checks will be conducted at the Gate.
- ・No car/bicycle parking facilities are available near the Palace. We recommend visitors use public transportation.
- ・Cars, two-wheeled vehicles, and buses are not permitted to park on roads neighboring the State Guest House.
- ・In the event of an unexpectedly large number of visitors, limits may be placed on entry to avoid disorder.
- ・If you are visiting with small children, please keep an eye on them and be sure to accompany them at all times.
- ・Due to the structure of the facility, visitors cannot enter the Japanese Style Annex in a wheelchair. Visitors are permitted to bring canes, but not walkers or rollators.
- ・Please visit the Garden with footwear compatible with cobblestones.
The State Guest House, Akasaka Palace assumes any liability nor responsibility in the event of visitor injury on the premises. Visitors assume full responsibility for themselves.
- Public openings may be canceled due to the reception of official state guests or other operational reasons. In such cases, we will promptly notify you via this website.
- Personal information acquired upon application to visit the State Guest house will not be used for any purposes other than creating a visit permit for this public opening.
- When it is crowded, those who made advance reservations will be preferentially admitted.
- In the event of receiving distinguished guests at short notice, the scheduled public opening may be cancelled; please check the latest Public Opening Schedule before your visit. We will announce a change of the schedule on Twitter as well.