Following the cancellation of the State of Emergency on March 21 (Sun), the State Guest House, Akasaka Palace will reopen visitation of the Japanese Style Annex starting from March 25, (Thu).
For visitation details and reservations, please see the following.
*Visits to the Japanese Style Annex will be arranged so that each room will have its own staff guide. Visitors with reservations for the Japanese Style Annex will not need separate reservations for the Main Building. The option is open for them to visit the Main Building while paying their admission fees on the day of their visit.
Please be aware that people to whom any of the following conditions apply will be denied entry:
• Cold symptoms, such as a cough, fever, difficulty breathing and dulled senses.
• Failure to wear proper face coverings (masks) to prevent the spread of disease.
• History of travel within the previous two weeks to overseas or areas in which COVID-19 infections continue to spread.
We ask for your cooperation with all of the following when visiting:
• Please allow our staff to take your temperature at the reception area
• Please sanitize your hands
• Please observe social distancing of 1-2 meters and avoid crowding
• Please limit conversation as much as possible during your visit
* Any of the above restrictions may change as the situation develops.
Note: In the event of receiving distinguished guests at short notice, the scheduled public opening may be cancelled; please check the latest 「Public Opening Schedule」before your visit. We will announce a change of the schedule on Twitter.
Visitations to the Japanese Style Annex to reopen
|Opening date|| Begins on March 25 (Thu), 2021|
Japanese Style Annex・Main Building・Garden|
Adults: 2,000 yen, University students: 1,500 yen, Junior & senior high school students: 700 yen * Children elementary school-age and under may not visit with this plan.
Japanese Style Annex・Garden
Adults: 1,500 yen, University students: 1,000 yen, Junior & senior high school students: 500 yen * Children elementary school-age and under may not visit with this plan.
* Visitors can choose a tour course that does not include the Main Building when paying their admission fees on the day of tour.
*University and junior/senior high school students, please bring student IDs to receive a student discount.
*The State Guest House accepts cash payments only.
|How to visit||
(1) Application period: We will begin accepting advance reservations at 10:00 a.m. on March 22 (Mon), 2021.
(2) Visitor selection: Between March 25 (Thu) through March 30 (Tue), 2021, reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
After April 1 (Thu), reservations will be awarded by lottery. The lottery will begin after the application period (as it appears on the Public Opening Schedule) is over, and winners will be sent their reservation confirmations via email. Those not chosen will also be contacted. In cases where the maximum visitor capacity is not met or there are cancellations after the application period ends, admissions will be granted on a first-come, first-served bases. (until the afternoon of the day before the tour date)
* Visitors may join on the day of the tour if there is enough room.
(3) Approved visitor numbers: 1-10 person(s)
* A wheelchair can not be used in the Japanese Style Annex because it is too small to get around.
* Please register your name and emergency contact number near at the reception desk. Please be aware that the information you provide may be made available to public health centers, and other agencies if necessary.
(4) Reservation holders’ reception hours: 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00, 14:30 (nine slots total)
* Visitors are required to enter from the west gate and check in 30 minutes before the reservation time.
* Visitors to the Japanese Style Annex are required to arrive the meeting point 5 minutes before the visit time.
* After entering from the west gate, all visitors will be required to pass through a security check (bags and other items), before purchasing entry tickets.
(5) Capacity: Limited to 10 people each hour.
* Please be informed that we are restricting the number of the visitors from 20 to 10 for the time being to avoid the spread of COVID-19.
• Cancellations may occur in the event of state visits or in service of other functions of the State Guest House. In such cases, an announcement will be posted immediately on our website.
• Inspections of all bags and other personal items using metal detectors will be carried out at time of admission.
• Photography is not allowed inside the building. Photos may be taken outside, however; large professional cameras and off-camera accessories, such as tripods, stepladders or selfie sticks are strictly forbidden.
• For more details, please visit the Visitor rules & regulations.