The State Guest House, Akasaka Palace will reopen the Main Building and Garden (Main Garden and Front Garden) on Friday, June 19, to unscheduled visitors.
For current details about visiting the facilities, please see the following.
We may have to restrict the number of visitors to limit crowding.
Please note that visitors who which any of the following apply will be denied entry:
– Cold symptoms such as cough and fever, labored breathing and dulled senses.
– Lack of facial mask.
– Travel to foreign countries or COVID-19 problem areas within the previous two weeks.
When visiting the site, please cooperate by observing the following rules:
– Our staff will take your temperature near the entrance.
– Please be sure to disinfect your hands.
– Please observe social distancing of at least one or two meters wherever possible so as not to form crowds.
– Refrain from talking as much as possible during your visit.
* Please note that the information listed above is subject to change as situations develop.
[Note] It is possible that the scheduled public opening may be cancelled in the event that distinguished visitors are received with short notice, so be sure to check “ Public Opening Schedule .”
Main Building and Garden to reopen for unscheduled visits
|Opening date||From Friday, June 19, 2020
Adults: 1,500 yen, University Students: 1,000 yen, Junior & Senior High School Students: 500 yen, Elementary School Students and younger: Free
* University and junior/senior high school students must show student IDs to receive student discounts.
* We accept cash only.
|How to visit||
Reservations are not required.
Please register your name and emergency contact number near at the reception desk. Please be aware that the information you provide may be made available to public health centers, and other agencies if necessary.
10:00 – 17:00 (last admission: 16:00）|
Enter from the west gate and after the security check, please buy an entry ticket from the vending machine.
○The opening may be canceled due to events relating to hosting guests of the government and other priority events relating to the operation of the State Guest House. In such cases, we will promptly make an announcement on our website.
○A physical inspection of persons and baggage with a metal detector will be conducted at the time of admission.
〇Photography outside the building is allowed, however, large-scale commercial camera and accessory equipment such as tripods, stepladders, and selfie sticks are not permitted.
○For more details, please see Visitor rules and regulations.