Following the cancellation of the State of Emergency on March 21 (Sun), the State Guest House, Akasaka Palace will reopen visitation of the Main Building starting from March 25, (Thu).
For visitation details and reservations, please see the following.
Please note that visitors who which any of the following apply will be denied entry:
– Cold symptoms such as cough and fever, labored breathing and dulled senses.
– Lack of facial mask.
– Travel to foreign countries or COVID-19 problem areas within the previous two weeks.
When visiting the site, please cooperate by observing the following rules:
– Our staff will take your temperature near the entrance.
– Please be sure to disinfect your hands.
– Please observe social distancing of at least one or two meters wherever possible so as not to form crowds.
– Refrain from talking as much as possible during your visit.
* Please note that the information listed above is subject to change as situations develop.
[Note] It is possible that the scheduled public opening may be cancelled in the event that distinguished visitors are received with short notice, so be sure to check “ Public Opening Schedule .”
Visitations to the Main Building to reopen by advance reservation
|Opening date|| Begins on March 25 (Thu), 2021
Adults: 1,500 yen, University students: 1,000 yen, Junior & senior high school students: 500 yen, free for elementary school students and younger
* University and junior/senior high school students, please bring student IDs to receive a student discount.
* The State Guest House accepts cash payments only.
|How to visit||
(1) Application period: We will begin accepting advance reservations at 10:00 a.m. on March 22 (Mon), 2021.
(2) Visitor selection: Between March 25 (Thu) through March 30 (Tue), 2021, reservations will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
After April 1 (Thu), reservations will be awarded by lottery. The lottery will begin after the application period (as it appears on the Public Opening Schedule) is over, and winners will be sent their reservation confirmations via email. Those not chosen will also be contacted. In cases where the maximum visitor capacity is not met or there are cancellations after the application period ends, admissions will be granted on a first-come, first-served bases. (until the afternoon of the day before the tour date)
* Visitors may join on the day of the tour if there is enough room.
(3) Approved visitor numbers: 1-5 person(s)
* All visitors must include their name and emergency contact information at the reception area. Please note that this information may be provided to medical personnel, etc. if necessary.
(4) Reservation holders’ reception hours: 10:00, 10:30, 11:00, 11:30, 12:00 12:30, 13:00, 13:30, 14:00, 14:30, 15:00 and 15:30 (12 slots total)
* After entering from the west gate, all visitors will be required to pass through a security check (bags and other items), before purchasing entry tickets.
(5) Capacity: Limited to 50 people each hour.
○The opening may be canceled due to events relating to hosting guests of the government and other priority events relating to the operation of the State Guest House. In such cases, we will promptly make an announcement on our website.
○A physical inspection of persons and baggage with a metal detector will be conducted at the time of admission.
〇Photography outside the building is allowed, however, large-scale commercial camera and accessory equipment such as tripods, stepladders, and selfie sticks are not permitted.
○For more details, please see Visitor rules and regulations.