Visitor Rules & Regulations
Visitor Rules & Regulations
- Hazardous materials (explosives, guns or knives, etc., fuel, toxic substances), alcohol, professional cameras, monopods/tripods/stepladders, and other filming equipment, as well as other items that may be a nuisance for other visitors, etc., are not permitted on the grounds of the Kyoto State Guest House.
- Individuals who may be unable to engage in normal behavior due to excessive consumption of alcohol, etc., are not permitted on the grounds of the facility.
- The following clothing is not permitted to be worn on the grounds of the facility.
a. Clothing that violates public order and morals
b. Clothing that is extremely revealing
c. Clothing that may significantly damage the dignity/atmosphere of the Kyoto State Guest House, or may cause other visitors to feel uncomfortable
d. Wedding dresses, shiromuku (white wedding kimono), irouchikake (colorful wedding kimono)
e. Security guard, etc., uniforms or clothing patterned after such
f. Full-body costumes
- Animals are not permitted on the grounds of the facility (excluding assistance dogs for the disabled as stipulated in Article 2 of the Act on Assistance Dogs for Physically Disabled Persons (Act No. 49 of 2002)).
- Photographing of models, taking bridal photos, and other special photography, etc., whether for commercial or non-commercial use, on the grounds of the Kyoto State Guest House without authorization to use state-owned property or other required permits is prohibited.
- Damaging and defacing of facilities, adornments, furnishings, plants, or other items on the grounds of the facility, and actions that may cause such, are prohibited.
- Eating (including candy, gum, etc.) is prohibited on the grounds of the facility. However, the consumption of food or drink provided by the Kyoto State Guest House or a business it has authorized, at authorized locations, is excluded.
- Consumption of beverages in the facility is prohibited (excluding cases in which a visitor is taking medication, etc., and an assigned Kyoto State Guest House staff member or an individual delegated the responsibility by the Kyoto State Guest House is in attendance).
- Taking notes in the facility is prohibited.
- Making sketches on the grounds of the facility is prohibited.
- Smoking or using a lighter or other fire is prohibited on the grounds of the facility.
- Failure to follow the guidance/instructions or restrictions of staff members, guards, etc., and entering restricted areas, as well as engaging in behavior that may cause danger or be a nuisance to others, are prohibited on the grounds of the facility.
- The use of selfie sticks or other supplementary photography equipment on the grounds of the facility is prohibited.
- Playing music and otherwise generating sound using musical instruments, sound equipment, etc., on the grounds of the facility without the authorization of the Kyoto State Guest House is prohibited.
- Posting advertisements, distributing leaflets, holding meetings, or otherwise protesting/demonstrating on the grounds of the facility is prohibited.
- Business operators other than those authorized by the Kyoto State Guest House are prohibited from selling goods, providing guidance for commercial purposes, taking photographs, renting items, or otherwise engaging in sales, distribution, entertainment, or other similar actions are prohibited on the grounds of the facility.
- Carrying umbrellas, large bags, or other items in a manner that may damage or deface walls, adornments, or furnishings, etc., is prohibited in the building. (However, canes and other walking aids are excluded.)
- Touching furnishings, adornments, and walls in the facility is prohibited.
- Taking videos, the use of flashes, and taking photographs in areas other than those that have been designated are prohibited in the building.
- Talking on mobile phones, smartphones, or other communication devices in the facility is prohibited.
- Actions other than those indicated in each of the preceding Items that would hinder the operation of public opening or the management and maintenance of the Kyoto State Guest House are prohibited.
Measures taken when actions violating the above prohibitions are found
- Visitors (individuals or groups) who, after entering the facility, refuse to follow the warnings and instructions of staff members and guards, or indicate that they do not consent, or have engaged in any of the behavior indicated in each Item of the preceding Paragraph, will be removed from the facility. In such cases, admission fees will not be refunded.
- Children of elementary school age or younger (including toddlers and infants) are not permitted to enter.
- When entering, you and your belongings will be subject to a security check via metal detector. In addition, security cameras have been installed throughout the building.
- There are no car/bicycle parking facilities for visitors. Please use public transportation.
- The paths in Kyoto Gyoen National Garden are covered with gravel. Please wear shoes that are easy to walk in.
- Security cameras have been installed throughout the facility.
- You must change into slippers when you enter the building.
- To prevent disorder, entrance restrictions may apply if there are a large number of visitors, or if an incident/accident occurs in the building.
- To protect the interior of the building, visitors in wheelchairs must use the wheelchairs provided there. Quantities are limited, so it may be necessary to wait if the building is crowded.
- Visitors are allowed to enter the building with one piece of hand-carried luggage (a bag) per person. It must be no larger than 25 cm x 25 cm x 10 cm. Please leave other luggage in the coin-operated lockers located in the basement. (The lockers require a ¥100 coin, which is returned when the locker is opened.) No change machine is available in the facility. Please obtain ¥100 coins before your visit.
All liability for any injury suffered by visitors due to stumbling, falling, etc., caused by buildings, structures, plants, etc., on the grounds of the facility is assumed by the visitor. The Kyoto State Guest House will not assume any liability for such.
- Visits by state or official guests, etc., or other operational needs, may result in the facility being closed to the public. In such cases, notification will be posted on the website, etc., promptly.
- Bad weather may result in the facility being closed to the public.
- The Kyoto State Guest House will not assume liability to pay any compensation for lodging expense/travel expense cancelation fees or other expenses incurred by visitors in the event that the facility is closed to the public.
- Personal information obtained from applications will be used only for the creation of visitation permits, etc., and will not be used for any purpose other than this public opening.
When it is crowded, those who made advance reservations will be preferentially admitted.
In the event of receiving distinguished guests at short notice, the scheduled public opening may be cancelled; please check the latest Public Opening Schedule before your visit. We will announce a change of the schedule on Twitter as well.