Opening Information（from October 1st (Fri) for the time being）
|Type of visit:||Tour conducted by guide
(A. in English (English guided tour)*English guided tours are suspended until further notice. / B. in Japanese with several tablets (English, French, Chinese, Korean))
|Time required for visit:||Approx. 70 minutes including entry procedure time|
|Entry Procedure:||Entry from the West gate of the Guest House >> Move to the basement >> Baggage inspection >> Ticket purchase >> Left-luggage >> Brief explanation >> Tour start|
|Entry Gate:||West Gate of the Kyoto State Guest House|
|Opening hours:||10:00 to 17:00 (Last admission: 15:50)|
|Eligible person:||Above the Junior High School age|
|Entry charge:||Adults: 2,000 yen, Students: 1,500 yen (University), 700 yen (Junior High & High school)
* Eligible students are required to show the valid ID on the day of visit for student discount. Please bring the valid ID for ID purpose.
*Payment is acceptable only in cash.
|Maximum number of visitors a day:||from October 1st (Fri) ～: 180 people (Number of visitors in one admission slot (70 minutes) is limited to 18)
|How to enter:||With a “visit-certificate” issued in advance through online applications
||Viewing area||Juraku no Ma (Anteroom) / Yubae no Ma (Large Conference Room) / Fuji no Ma (Banquet Hall) / Kiri no Ma (Japanese-style Banquet room) / and others|
Walk-in Reception (numbered tickets distributed)
Numbered tickets specified the gathering time on the day will be distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis at the West Gate of the Kyoto State Guest House around 9:45 AM on the day of visit.
- – Timing of distribution depends on the weather and the queuing situation.
- – Numbered tickets are available only for the date on which the tickets are distributed. You cannot receive in advance the numbered tickets available on and after the next day. Numbered tickets cannot be reserved.
Gathering time for the walk-in visitors *the time shown in () is the estimated finish time
|from October 1st (Fri)||9:50（11:00）、10:30（11:40）、11:10（12:20）、11:50（13:00）、12:30（13:40）、13:10（14:20）、13:50（15:00）、14:30（15:40）、15:10（16:20）、15:50（17:00）|
*Numbered tickets will be issued if there is a cancel in the time slots for the advanced reservation.
・With all visitors’ comfort and health for each other in mind, we will take several measures to ensure the safety of all visitors to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 infection. Please read the following notes before visiting:
① On and after May 28th, 2020, visitors who are not wearing facial coverings, showing symptoms of sickness such as fever and coughs may be refused to visit.
② Masks or facial coverings are new essentials at Kyoto State Guest House.
③ Please refrain from visiting our facility those who have visited foreign countries within the past two weeks.
・Please follow our instructions during your visit. We kindly ask you:
・All visitors will be required to have their body temperature checked at the West Gate.
・Please sanitize your hands with the hand sanitizer we provide before entering the facility.
・Please wear masks or facial coverings as essential gear when visiting Kyoto State Guest House. Exceptions will be made for infants and those who are physically unable to wear masks.
・Maintaining an appropriate distance between each other (social distancing procedures at security check points are under way, and will be implemented as soon as they become available).
・Minimize conversation in the facilities.
・All visitors need to provide their contact information. Your information will be provided to public health centers should a COVID-19 case occur.
・For added reassurance to visitors while visiting, our staff will be wearing masks. Staff might additionally wear face shields on top of the mask when working close with visitors.
・Considering the situation, further changes might be made. Please follow our website for any updates. We appreciate your cooperation to contain the spread of COVID-19.
1) The application page shown after clicking the above button “Click here for the application” is also used for the application for Guided tours. Please select the button below according to your preferred type of visit and the number of participants.
2) You will see “The public opening date” page with the calendar. The date with the “○” symbol are available for applications. Please select your preferred date (click on the applicable button) to go to the next page.
3) Please select your preferred time (click on the applicable button) in “The public opening course” page to go to the next page.
5) Please enter the applicant information correctly in the “Application form” page and click on the “Next” button.
6) Please be sure to confirm all information shown in the “Confirmation of application” page then click on the “Execute application” button to submit your application.
7) If the “Completion the application” page is shown, your application is complete. You will receive an email confirmation sent to your registered email address. Please be sure to confirm it.
8) (*Only for those who applied with over 20 persons) Please note that you should login through the link specified in the emailed Visit certificate and register the visitors list no later than one week prior to the date of visit. In case of no registration within the due date, your application will be automatically cancelled.
For example: date of your visit: 11 (Sun) Feb. *due date for registration: at 23:59 (JST) on 4 (Sun) Feb.
*To register the visitors list, your date of birth that you entered on the Application form is required. Please be sure to enter the date correctly; otherwise you cannot register the list nor cancel/modify your data.
- – After the lottery, the additional application is made on first-come-first-served basis only for the time slots in which the application capacity does not reach the fixed number.
- – During the lottery period except first-come-first-served basis period, only one application is valid for each day. In case of more than one application by the same email address in the same day, your application could be invalid.
- – The result of the lottery will be emailed on the following day after the advance application is closed. All applicants will receive the result notification (Timing of sending the result notification varies).
- – In case of the cancel or change of your application, please click on the “Cancellation and changing the application” button at the lower light corner of the screen in the “Selection the application course” Page and proceed the cancel or change of your application.
- When it is crowded, those who made advance reservations will be preferentially admitted.
- In the event of receiving distinguished guests at short notice, the scheduled public opening may be cancelled; please check the latest Public Opening Schedule before your visit. We will announce a change of the schedule on Twitter as well.