|Type of visit:||Tour conducted by guide
(A. in English (English guided tour) / B. in Japanese with several tablets (English, French, Chinese, Korean))
|Time required for visit:||Approx. 90 minutes including entry procedure time|
|Entry Procedure:||Entry from the West gate of the Guest House >> Move to the basement >> Baggage inspection >> Ticket purchase >> Left-luggage >> Brief explanation >> Tour start|
|Entry Gate:||West Gate of the Kyoto State Guest House|
|Opening hours:||10:00 to 17:00 (Last admission: 15:30)|
|Eligible person:||Above the Junior High School age|
|Entry charge:||Adults: 2,000 yen, Students: 1,500 yen (University), 700 yen (Junior High & High school)
* Eligible students are required to show the valid ID on the day of visit for student discount. Please bring the valid ID for ID purpose.
*Payment is acceptable only in cash.
|Maximum number of visitors a day:||from January 9th (Thu) to 31st (Fri) : 476 people per day
from February 1st (Sat) ～ : 680 people per day
(except English guided tours’ visitors)
|How to enter:||1) With a “visit-certificate” issued in advance through online applications
2) With an admission card distributed on the day of a visit at the West Gate
(*Maximum 8 tickets per person can be issued.)
|Viewing area||Juraku no Ma (Anteroom) / Yubae no Ma (Large Conference Room) / Fuji no Ma (Banquet Hall) / Kiri no Ma (Japanese-style Banquet room) / and others|
【English Guided Tour】
The once-a-day English Guided tour will be available through the whole opening period.
For a better understanding of our facility as well as Japan tradition, culture and craftsmanship, we offer you an English guided tour once a day.
Our English speaking guides show you around the space open to the public and the periodical special exhibition. They are highly qualified interpreter guides including those who are officially certified by the City of Kyoto. They will take you on one-hour journey into the graceful elegance of Japanese culture and hospitality. Please come to join the tour that you cannot experience elsewhere.
1. Time of Tour: At 12:00 (gathering time: 11:30am at West gate)
2. Dates of Tour (*Dates of Tour vary according to the opening schedule): Click to check out the opening schedule
3. Entry charge (*Payment is acceptable only in cash.): Adults: 2,000 yen / Students (with valid ID): 1,500 yen (University), 700 yen (Junior High & High school)
4. Eligible person: Above the Junior High School age
5. Time required for the tour: Approx.90 minutes (*gathering time Included)
6. Maximum number of visitors: 34 persons
7. How to apply: 1) Receiving a numbered ticket on the day of the tour , 2) Applying online in advance
Walk-in Reception (numbered tickets distributed)
Numbered tickets specified the gathering time on the day will be distributed on a first-come-first-serve basis at the West Gate of the Kyoto State Guest House around 9:45 AM on the day of visit.
- – Maximum 8 tickets can be issued per person.
*Please note that due to the remaining availability, all tickets may not be issued for the same tour.
- – Timing of distribution depends on the weather and the queuing situation.
- – Numbered tickets are available only for the date on which the tickets are distributed. You cannot receive in advance the numbered tickets available on and after the next day. Numbered tickets cannot be reserved.
- – After the lottery, the additional application is made on first-come-first-served basis only for the time slots in which the application capacity does not reach the fixed number.
- – During the lottery period except first-come-first-served basis period, only one application is valid for each day. In case of more than one application by the same email address in the same day, your application could be invalid.
- – The result of the lottery will be emailed on the following day after the advance application is closed. All applicants will receive the result notification (Timing of sending the result notification varies).
- – In case of the cancel or change of your application, please click on the “Cancellation and changing the application” button at the lower light corner of the screen in the “Selection the application course” Page and proceed the cancel or change of your application.
Gathering time for the walk-in visitors *the time shown in () is the estimated finish time
|from January 9th (Thu) to 31st (Fri)||9:50（11:20）、11:50（13:20）、12:50（14:20）、14:30（16:00）|
|from February 1st (Sat) ～||9:50（11:20）、11:50（13:20）、12:10（13:40）、12:50（14:20）、13:50（15:20）、14:30（16:00）、15:30（17:00）|
*Other than the above-mentioned time slots, the numbered tickets will be issued if there is a cancel in the time slots for the advance reservation.
1) The application page shown after clicking the above button “Click here for the application” is also used for the application for Guided tours. Please select the button below according to your preferred type of visit and the number of participants.
2) You will see “The public opening date” page with the calendar. The date with the “○” symbol are available for applications. Please select your preferred date (click on the applicable button) to go to the next page.
3) Please select your preferred time (click on the applicable button) in “The public opening course” page to go to the next page.
5) Please enter the applicant information correctly in the “Application form” page and click on the “Next” button.
6) Please be sure to confirm all information shown in the “Confirmation of application” page then click on the “Execute application” button to submit your application.
7) If the “Completion the application” page is shown, your application is complete. You will receive an email confirmation sent to your registered email address. Please be sure to confirm it.
8) (*Only for those who applied with over 20 persons) Please note that you should login through the link specified in the emailed Visit certificate and register the visitors list no later than one week prior to the date of visit. In case of no registration within the due date, your application will be automatically cancelled.
For example: date of your visit: 11 (Sun) Feb. *due date for registration: at 23:59 (JST) on 4 (Sun) Feb.
*To register the visitors list, your date of birth that you entered on the Application form is required. Please be sure to enter the date correctly; otherwise you cannot register the list nor cancel/modify your data.
- When it is crowded, those who made advance reservations will be preferentially admitted.
- In the event of receiving distinguished guests at short notice, the scheduled public opening may be cancelled; please check the latest Public Opening Schedule before your visit. We will announce a change of the schedule on Twitter as well.