1. Basic Policy
The Cabinet Office State Guest Houses (COSGH) shall collect information about those who use the SGH website (domain: www.geihinkan.go.jp; hereinafter called the "website") to the extent necessary for smooth operations of services that it offers (including provision of various types of information and reception of views and opinions). We shall properly handle collected information within the range of the purpose of use.
2. The Scope of Information to be Collected and the Purpose of Use
- The website shall automatically collect information associated with the Internet domain name, IP address, query within the website, viewing of the website and others. Cookies (information sent to the user's browser and accumulated in his/her computer to identify the user on the server side) shall be limited to those aimed at improving usability and contain no personal information. The user can disable the cookie function through his/her browser settings.
- In using the e-mail form To submit feedback, we ask you to write your name, e-mail address and others (hereinafter called the "user attribute"). If we invite public comments or views and opinions on individual projects, or receive various inquiries through e-mail, the sender's e-mail address shall be displayed on the receiver side.
- Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information that are sent to your web browser when you visit a website. Cookies are stored on your computer (or other internet-enabled device, such as a smartphone or tablet) and enable the website you visited to collect information about the number of visits users make to a site, or what pages they visit, etc.
- This website uses Google LLC’s Google Analytics to understand how this website’s usage. Because this website uses IP masking, users’ full IP addresses will not be collected.
Google Analytics’ Usage Policy (“Security and privacy in Universal Analytics”)
- To disable Google Analytics, you can download and install the “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on,” and use it to change the setting of your browser. Please be aware that disabling Google Analytics will disable its use on all of the websites you visit. You can choose to re-enable Google Analytics through this browser add-on at any time.
Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on
4. Restrictions on Use and Provision
- COSGH shall not use collected information per se for any other purpose than those stipulated in the Paragraph 2 and shall not disclose it to any third party unless it receives demand for disclosure in compliance with the relevant law or ordinance, or illegal conduct, such as fraudulent access or threats, is conducted or there are any other extraordinary reasons.
- When we use personal information, we shall keenly recognize the importance of the protection of the personal information and use it within the scope of the purpose of use. If we entrust a third party to process part or all of personal information that COSGH owns, we shall give consideration to the selection of the entrustee and strive to exercise necessary supervision so as to ensure proper management just as the Cabinet Office does.
5. Measures to Ensure Safety
COSGH shall take necessary measures in collecting information to ensure that collected information will be managed properly and will not be leaked, lost or damaged.
6. Disclosure of Information on Self
The website shall not collect information that can generally identify any individual, such as name and date of birth, other than information given in the opinion form or that needed to make an advance reservation for public opening. If you demand the disclosure, amendment, or deletion of information about self, please contact us via “9. For Further Information or Inquiries.
7. Scope of Application
This protection policy shall apply to the website only. As regards the handling of information by the relevant government ministries and agencies, it shall be handled on the respective organizations' own responsibility.
COSGH may revise this privacy protection policy. Should it be revised, COSGH shall notify you through the website.
9. For Further Information or InquiriesGeneral Affairs Division, Cabinet Office State Guest Houses
Telephone 03-3478-1111 (main)
To submit feedback, please click here