1. Indication of the source
When you use the content, ensure that the source is indicated. How to indicate the source is as described below:
(Example of how to indicate the source)
Source: Cabinet Office State Guest Houses website (URL on the relevant page)
Source: "XX Survey" (Cabinet Office State Guest Houses) (URL on the relevant page) (used on month/date/year), etc.
When you use the content by editing or processing it, indicate that it has been edited or processed in addition to the aforementioned indication of the source. You are not allowed to disclose or use the edited or processed content as if it were prepared by the government (ministries or agencies).
(Example of how to indicate use of the edited or processed content)
Prepared by processing the "XX Report" (Cabinet Office State Guest Houses) (URL on the relevant page)
Prepared by XX Co., Ltd. based on the "XX Survey" (Cabinet Office State Guest Houses) (URL on the relevant page)
2. Ensure that no third party's right is infringed.
- A third party (other than the country; the same applies hereinafter) may own copyright or any other right to some of the content. As for the content of which a third party owns copyright or any other right (e.g. portrait rights of pictures and publicity rights) unless it is explicitly indicated that its rights have been processed, the user shall obtain the relevant third party's approval of use on his/her own responsibility.
- As for content to which rights are owned by a third party, some indicate or suggest directly or indirectly that a third party owns the rights through an indication of the source and others but others do not identify or clearly indicate the part to which they own the rights. When using such content, the user is required to confirm it on his/her own responsibility.
- There are cases where you may use the content to which copyright or other rights are owned by a third party as quotations, which is allowed in compliance with the Copyright Act, for instance, without obtaining the copyright holder's approval.
- Symbols, logos and character designs that represent an organization or a specific business
4. Governing law and agreed jurisdiction
- The government shall take no responsibility for any and all actions that the user takes by using the content (including the use of information by editing or processing the content).
- The content may be changed, transferred or deleted without any advance notice.